Oh my word! What a virus I have just had. This positive year has certainly thrown some blows so far and I feel as though I have been constricted in both having to stay in after surgery and then to follow this with my throat burning from what felt like cuts from barbed wire has certainly taken it out of me. I have to thank you all so much for your lovely comments wishing me well, they were really appreciated believe me. I was so, so low but I am now on the other side of this and started to get out and about again. So, with no further ado and to get back on to the positive trail, here are my five on friday...
1. Hi Ho Hi Ho, it's back to work we go! It was so lovely to hobble along the driveway and look up at the office window once again. So much history in just one window. The office is below the turrets of the Palace and one of the oldest parts of the precincts. Yes, I pinch myself sometimes.
The blossom against the stone walls is just delicious!
2. VIP at the Cathedral. So many cameras, it must mean one thing... a VIP, and in this case it was HRH The Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla) who was visiting the Cathedral to read to some school children (she's the one in the purple).
Once she was safely inside, the media waited patiently, long with a few well wishers. One came up to me and asked who was inside, he clearly wasn't impressed and said that he would have stayed if it was the Duchess of Cambridge instead!
3. Walking Again! I can't tell you how dizzily happy I am to be able to fit my feet into my stretched old boots and hobble about without my medical sandals on! I will never take the simplicity of walking for granted again!
4. Back on the Fens! I took a risk and went for a short walk on the Fens with little Tia while the earth was fairly mud free. To be totally alone (well, apart from a very happy Tia) and breathing in fresh air again was incredibly satisfying, especially on a sunny day.
5. The Painted Roses Blanket - This is coming along nicely and the joining has begun. My faithful companion throughout this virus!
So, out and about again and so grateful! Especially now that half term has started here and I can get out and about more - the greenhouse is calling me!
Have a wonderful weekend.