Well this week has been a shock to the system. I've managed a whole week after the phased return to work, and I am mighty tired. The week has been one huge blur of catching up, and trying to keep smiling through each day with throbbing ankles and a right toe that swears blind it can tell me when it's going to rain with a huge stab. But smile I have, carried on I have, fallen into my favourite chair at the end of the day I have. A satisfying week.
So my Five, are what I am seeing each day (apart from the last one. Now that was an unexpected treat!
1. You will have seen the magnolia at the top of this post. This sits outside one of our office windows and goodness knows how old this is. Each year it gives the most stunning of displays with all visitors remarking how beautiful it is.
2. After the Painted Roses Blanket completion, I was hungry for another project and settled on the Lily Pond Blanket from Janie Crow. This was a CAL project last year but I really loved the look of the design. With the Wool Warehouse being quick on the delivery again (I do love them!), I was able to start in the knowledge that the next CAL is about to begin. I need to get a move on!
3. Until I feel more stable with the clutch pedal, I am taking the bus instead to work and loving it. Sitting down on a warm bus being able to answer emails and let someone else have the stress of driving is a real treat. However, waiting at a bus stop with no shelter from the freezing cold Fen is quite simply something else!
4. Getting off the bus and a short walk to work follows. When I see this view as I walk down the drive, I can't help but smile. Beautiful, exquisite Peterborough Cathedral looks down once more to start another day.
5. Oh my goodness! Cake! One of my work colleagues bought us cake from Patisserie Valerie this morning. So half each of these enormous sinful cakes had to be consumed! Extremely decadent, extremely delicious... oh boy what a sugar rush!
Have a Happy Friday!