Sweetbriar Dreams

So where shall we go on our journey today?

Friday 27 November 2015

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I)

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

With most of the leaves now fallen it is a joy to go back a month on my camera card and seeing some more autumn happiness on our travels.  Burghley House is a regular visit for us, and we absolutely love this place with its deer park, sculpture gardens and of course the tudor mansion.  So let's just park the bike and spend some time around this wonderful place.

The tree lined avenues were cloaked in gold before the inevitable high winds came along with incessant rain, so I was so happy to catch this moment.

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

Of course it is rutting season, so most of the deer were behind protective fencing but there was still plenty of opportunity to capture these gentle creatures.

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

However, I must stop diverting from what I wanted to show you this week.  With Burghley House you can walk around the grounds for free, but to see the Garden of Surprises and sculpture gardens you need to pay.  Most of the time we are blissfully happy with the freedom of the park, but this visit was going to be spent having rare moments with Mr Teen and I was most certainly going to make the most of it!

I have always wanted to eat lunch with the view over the lake (for years!!), and today was going to be it.  So, with Halloween just around the corner (can you believe that was nearly a month ago!), off we went to explore and capture the beauty of autumn in this place.  We were having more than a pumpkin punch, so the wicked witch's offering was not going to be accepted!!

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

The changing leaves were spectacular and did not disappoint.  So let's go on a quiet walk around the gardens.

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

And so to lunch!  A very sturdy and comfortable seat awaited.

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

And a very welcome bagel on the spot that I have yearned to look out on while we ate.

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

A beautiful view...

An Autumn Trip to Burghley House (Part I) @ www.sweetbriardreams.blogspot.co.uk

Right by the boat house.


Next time I will take you back onto the main park and the views of the wonderful Burghley House and more of the autumn leaves and deer.

Thank you for your good wishes for my surgery.  Just two more weeks and the bunions will be bunioffs!!  The Christmas shopping is in full flow while I am still mobile, but will give Black Friday a miss!

And, a very Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating this week!!




 photo e127e7a9-646f-47ff-8adb-930c1addf87f_zpsb0e3c980.png  photo 43d9db63-9ac6-4aa6-8adb-43ab052e4dea_zps94055fcc.png  photo c0f49c42-6866-416f-8340-41ce81ee7852_zps0989e201.png  photo 043887a8-568d-4534-898f-0b71d3da8430_zps4f05a031.png  photo dbaee30f-3590-4d4c-b9a6-fb29703b72ce_zpsd520d96f.png  photo 9bec910d-59b0-4394-9417-26a7a2dfed87_zps7071a0de.png  photo b8891b4b-1ce1-4edb-bf8b-ca24b4488d5f_zps91340dc1.png        

25 comments:

  1. What an enchanting place! Some of those sculptures reminded me of a scene from "Lord of the Rings". Thank you for taking us along on your visit! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks a delightful sculpture park. Burghley Park is that where the horse riding competition happens? I won't be venturing into the shops this Black Friday either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chel! I haven't stopped by in awhile and my! I have missed your lovely posts...
    What an incredible place...how lovely it must have been to munch your lunch whilst looking out on such gorgeous scenery! Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures with us...sending much love to you!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. From that angle the deer could almost be a unicorn! The sculptures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing sculptures, a beautiful place to sit and eat lunch. Enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kinda creepy statues. Especially the giant partial face. Looks like one of the sets for Doctor Who. *giggle* But love the grounds. Very pretty. Hope your day is blessed. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sculptures but unlike Sparky I didn't think they were creepy - I rather liked the partial face :) Have a great week.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is no wonder it is a favorite place to visit, incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely place! I can certainly see why it is a favorite of yours. The view you had during your lunch (which looked quite tasty) was a gorgeous one to say the least. It sounds like you had a perfect day. Enjoy the Christmas season and the shopping while you can. I hope your surgery goes well and you are mobile again in no time. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a treat, I love the places you take us! I would so enjoy this myself.
    I had bunion surgery about 10 years ago---no picnic. Take care of yourself and keep those feet up! :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally beautiful sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my word, I am in love with this place and now have it on my list of places to visit. Those sculptures are fantastic! I'm so glad you share these places with us with such beautiful photography. Can't wait to see more!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic sculptures beautifully captured Chel. Good luck with the Bunions surgery, yes you are right to do your shopping now as I imagine you will have to put your feet up for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful...thank you for sharing...good luck with the surgery...Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an imaginative place, Chel. The bicycle parking spot is brilliant and I like how you photographed lunch to look gigantic.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the art in this park, magical.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a marvellous place, my sweetest Chel, thank you for sharing your charming photographs, for me it was like having a walk with you at my side !
    Thank you with all my heart
    May your weekend be filled with Joy
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great looking place - of all the things you show, I really like the bike rack because it is so simple!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    PS: Thanks for visiting my wordy blog - although it gets less traffic that my 'gallery' blog it is the one I work the hardest on. SM

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow, I love the sculptures, thank you for sharing. I love the faces, and the deer and the cow......well all of them really. Good luck with the surgery and take your time recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome sculptures and the perfect view for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Chel what a wonderful lace to visit. What a view while eating that bagel sandwich! Lol. Thanks for sharing your visit and I love those sculptures. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lost my comment--can't get a grip on this Mac. Wishing you all the best with the surgery. It's not easy but it is a blip on the radar with all of your exciting plans. I may have worried you with my account of the experience I had but I can tell you my sister had the surgery and was back on her feet at her traveling sales job in one week...we are all different.

    Love to you,

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great pictures! The lake is absolutely stunning and I think you went to the best restaurant possible to enjoy that view!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, I love reading your comments and will answer either by email or on the blog. You can also email me privately in my side bar. Have a great day x

Other Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...