There are times when you notice you are doing too much clock watching, especially when you stop and have a break from work and the kids are on half term. This week let's stay up late, let's have a lay in, let's eat when we feel hungry, let's just do what we want when we want. Yes, this week has been one of those very happy weeks where there have been no pressures and my two teens are clearly happy for me not to be around! A quick tidy up in the morning and the day is mine! So, as I am joining the lovely Amy at Love Made My Home's new link up 'Five on Friday', here's five of my openly selfish and decadent happy moments that I have enjoyed enormously this week.
1. With more time at home this week I needed to bring some new colour into my home so that I can enjoy some planning time on my laptop and notebooks with a bit of cheery colour too. Roses, gerberas, sunflowers etc but the best thing... my new pen and notebook from Paperchase. Very me don't you think?!
2. Choosing paint colours! I get so excited when I start to let my creativity go wild - but then hubby will reign it back in!! One thing I know is that the colours will be paired up with some white bar stools. Yes, goodbye to my shabby chic white painted table and chairs, time to update a little (but still be pretty neutral for the new colour scheme).
3. Lovely long walks with Coco on the Fens while the sun shone. It was incredibly uplifting to take her on extended walks that were not lined by street lamps and cold dark paving after work but instead, soft grass and pathways. The smell of freshly turned earth filled our nostrils and we happily stopped quite regularly to sniff the air and admire the flat landscape. Coco was very happy and walked perfectly on her extended lead with no pain showing (for those who don't know, Coco has Syringomyelia and her walks depend on how much pain she has from her head and spine on the day).
4. "Do you fancy a coffee?" hubby asked when we escaped from the house for a little shopping. The pleasure in enjoying a flat white Costa Coffee with no interruption, no clock watching and no take out. Just sitting and enjoying the moment!
5. Of course there has to be a train journey too, so we are now off to Canary Wharf in London Docklands. A very happy place for me to relive time that I used to have with my Grandad before and during the Docklands regeneration. A perfect way to round off the week (blog post on that later!).