Sweetbriar Dreams

So where shall we go on our journey today?

Friday 2 October 2015

Five on Friday - Just Five Moments


This week has been a whirlwind with some happy and sad moments along the way, so thank goodness I now have regular walks along the Fen with Tia, passing the time of day with other regular walkers and able to just have that moment where I can openly sigh and move on to the next thing.  So my five for this Friday that I am sharing with Amy at Love Made My Home's Five on Friday, starts with my favourite capture of the week.  The last field of wheat that I can see around here with the gorgeous red of the fluttering poppy.  Its petals will soon flutter away like a butterfly's wings leaving behind the pretty seed head to scatter around the harvested field.. 

My second moment was to smile at the discarded buckets from the farm workers.  Just waiting for the next morning when they will be back to pick the budding gladioli.  This particular field's blooms are a lot later than its neighbours - and no portaloo/potty here! (If you are wondering what on earth I am talking about, you can see what I mean here)


The third moment was to look up and see these little rainbows outlining the clouds as the sun prepared to set again.  Beautiful jewels in the sky to stand for a moment and stare.


The horses were having their own family moment shading under one of the trees across the river bank.  They weren't there for long but I was so glad that I managed to capture them before they went back to their stables.


My fifth moment had me chuckling to myself.  The large mound of branches, foliage and other discarded material probably being collected for a good bonfire, maybe for Guy Fawkes Night.  Don't hang about little sheep, there may be a BBQ!!


So that's my five this week.  The weekend will be filled with a trip to James Herriot Country which I hope to share with you next week.  I can't wait to see all the autumnal colours in Yorkshire!

Until then, have a wonderful weekend and week and...

HAPPY OCTOBER!

Don't forget to visit Amy's blog, maybe even join in!




 photo e127e7a9-646f-47ff-8adb-930c1addf87f_zpsb0e3c980.png  photo 43d9db63-9ac6-4aa6-8adb-43ab052e4dea_zps94055fcc.png  photo c0f49c42-6866-416f-8340-41ce81ee7852_zps0989e201.png  photo 043887a8-568d-4534-898f-0b71d3da8430_zps4f05a031.png  photo dbaee30f-3590-4d4c-b9a6-fb29703b72ce_zpsd520d96f.png  photo 9bec910d-59b0-4394-9417-26a7a2dfed87_zps7071a0de.png  photo b8891b4b-1ce1-4edb-bf8b-ca24b4488d5f_zps91340dc1.png 

45 comments:

  1. Extra gorgeous photos, Chel. Enjoy the weekend.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Chel! Thanks for sharing those moments with us. Your photos and your words are beautiful. The rainbow coloured clouds announcing the sun set is such a precious moment. Bravo on capturing that! And those horses resting before going back to their stables.
    When I read what you wrote about the little lamb and the pile of wood, I couldn't help but laugh. Thank you so much since I needed to laugh this morning.
    Take good care of yourself and have a lovely weekend in Yorkshire!
    Arlette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your beautiful photos. Have a good week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs, I have never thought about fields of gladioli growing although I see them for sale in supermarkets; that one poppy in the wheat absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for your Five on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing these moments! You have captured peace, serenity and beauty so well!
    Have a great weekend!
    Christineandhercamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Five lovely moments Chel. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Five lovely moments from your week. I hope you enjoy your trip to Herriot country:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful five, the horses really were a delight, such a beautiful moment. Have a great time in Yorkshire.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful photos! I really enjoyed seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Chel! You really have a great eye for photography. Love all these shots. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning set of images

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chel,
    Stunning photos. Love the horses. They are so sweet and gorgeous.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an interesting Friday Five! Stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful capture of the rainbow lined clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. All such lovely images. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is a huge field of gladilous. I've never seen so many together before.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Breathtaking!!
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those photos just made me sigh as a feeling of contentment passed through me. The next best thing would be to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely photos as always, Chel. I hope the weather holds for your trip to Yorkshire! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the capture of those horses and foals and that lovely coloured streak across the sky! Have a great weekend, Chel!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely photos. The little rainbows in the sky are called "sundogs", they occur on either side of the sun when it's low in the sky at about 22 degrees from the sun and on the same level.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful photos!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great photos, particularly the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  24. wonderful photos, as ever :) Have a wonderful week-end in Yorkshire x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Five lovely moments, the photo of the sky is so beautiful, and so is the photo of the horses! I hope that your sadness has or will pass soon. Thank you for joining Five On Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend away in Herriot Country! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Five lovely photos. I especially love the one of the horses. Have a great weekend. Joan at www.aviewtothefells.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful photos, you have such a great eye for a lovely picture. Hope you have a good trip to Yorkshire.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  28. These were really 5 wonderful moments, the photos are of an outstanding beauty. Wish you a relaxing trip to James Herriot country and am looking forward to your photos of Yorkshire (we were there last year).
    Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your shot of the horses is so lovely...the feet with the furry tufts are so cute! And the fuzzy baby...too darling for words.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Chel, Oh my goodness ... these are wonderful moments you've captured. I love, love that first one with the red poppy, and I'm always drawn to sheep photos. Every picture is exquisite. You have a good eye!

    Wishing you a beautiful weekend...
    Brenda


    ReplyDelete
  31. just beautiful….
    thank you, xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your walk pictures - so rural and natural. Unfortunately, my walks are all urban - no sheep or fields of wheat here, but I am lucky to have some green spaces in our neighbourhood. If I squint my eyes enough, I can imagine I am in the fields of gold far off in the countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You're such a blessed soul, my darling Chel, I'd love to have you nearer and hug you just now, in this moment !
    You portrait all the most beautiful things we can enjoy in Nature, thank you !

    Have a most beautiful end of the week
    with heartfelt gratitude and much love
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE that poppy picture! It is so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That first picture is amazing! I hope next week will be more peaceful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your pictures, especially the first one and the horses.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Lovely. So excited for the next post. :-)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful scenery that you captured so well. The photos could be framed. Hoping your week improves and thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Such evocative photographs! They are all wonderful - I am now on a mission to see a field of gladdies. Safe travels up north!

    ReplyDelete
  40. What a delightful post. Such lovely moments and images!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Lovely photos, Chel, that sheep looks as though it's up to no good! xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful moments captured forever...:) Love them all! As soon as I read the name James Herriot, I recognized his name. I have one of his children's books around here somewhere! I look forward to that post. Have a delightful visit!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Stunning poppy photo Chel, I love the horses, and I agree with Alison, that sheep definately looks dodgy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love the photos and the whole idea of 5 on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Lovely photos. I am intrigued by that rainbow. I saw something like that a while ago for the first time, but sounds from what you say as if you see them quite often. Beautiful., anyhow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, I love reading your comments and will answer either by email or on the blog. You can also email me privately in my side bar. Have a great day x

Other Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...