Sweetbriar Dreams

So where shall we go on our journey today?

Wednesday 31 July 2013

52 Weeks of Happy

Have you seen some lovely posts in Blogland called '52 Weeks of Happy'.  This is the invention of Jen at Little Birdie and even though she is well into the year, currently at number 31, I thought what a great way to break up the working week, to reflect on what four things have made me happy  rather than 'phew, glad I'm half way through!'   So many people do this now and when I read their posts, they always make me smile.  So, as I prepare to think and write my normal weekly post what a perfect way to discipline myself to do an extra post per week.  So, what has made me happy so far this week?

♥ Clouds over the Fens giving much needed shade and cooling rain on these hot summer days.

♥ A trip planned to my favourite place in London - Greenwich (I feel as though I am waiting for the sleeps to Christmas! - so excited!).  This is the first time I have taken Mr and Miss Teenager to this part of London and I hope they enjoy it as much as I used to with my darling Grandad Tom (more on the trip on my next post!)

♥ Watching the Cathedral being washed by the rain from my office window.

 ♥ A late evening, watching the fiery clouds roll in knowing that there are no early get out of beds in the morning - I'm on a short working week and the Teenagers are on school holidays!

What has made you happy this week?  I know my new camera has certainly made me happy!

Take care.

♥Chel

(Remember that if you want to see a larger version of my photos just click on one and a slide will appear)

Follow on Bloglovin

17 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea. It is so easy to overlook the simple things that make us happy. Your sky pictures are wonderful, and your office view impressive. I hope you all enjoy Greenwich, it is a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Chel,exellent shots and photos!!!
    My daughter has visit Greenwich,and she was so exiting!!
    Have a lovely week!!
    Dimi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post Chel...I always try to think of the little and simple things that made me happy. Just that process makes me happy and can turn a bad day into a good one...:) Seems like the good always outweighs the bad parts of a day! Thanks for sharing your beautiful photography! Have a wonderful trip to London...I am green with envy! Not really, but one day I will visit there.....:)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo's are making me happy. you really did get a great shot of the sky...and I love your office view. I hope you and family have fun on your trip. It sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chel, what a great idea. I love all the sky photos! Have a wonderful time in Greenwhich.
    Take care, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an excellent idea - thinking about what makes me happy. This week, I'm on vacation in the Canadian Rockies and what makes me happy is hiking and seeing all the beautiful scenery with my husband.
    Your sky photos are stunning. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you joined up, Chel. I've really enjoyed this project and am now going into week 31 with it. I find it really helps me appreciate the simple, happy things in life even more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos, Chel - these scenes do create that feeling of happiness to be in such a beautiful world! Your office view is charming and I do hope you have a lovely time in Greenwich with your family. Your morning sky is amazing. The wrapped bon-bons would make me very happy! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful happy moments Chel! Beautiful photos. Love the black and white view from your office. My 'happy' is spending time with my sister this week on the other end of Canada! Then Friday we fly to the next province over to visit our daughter and her family. We have seen a lot of beautiful countryside here in the mountains. Blessings indeed! Take care. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some really lovely moments from your week, that sky in the last photo is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is your office window? Woaw, it's so pretty. I would be impatient to go to work, just because of the window!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty sky shots, the last sunset capture is gorgeous! These images would make me happy! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea...I love your happy post. Let's hope it really catches on.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super 'happies' - I miss the wide fenland skies - we lived for about 12 years in South Lincolnshire before moving over here and would often shop in Peterborough which was much closer to us than Lincoln, I love the Cathedral:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two pair of hummingbirds coming and going to my garden - 1 smaller set and 1 medium sized. This is wonderful as it is a first for me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great post! I love this idea...it's all about gratitude! Enjoy your week! I'm off to look at that ship up close! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, I love reading your comments and will answer either by email or on the blog. You can also email me privately in my side bar. Have a great day x

Other Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...