Sweetbriar Dreams

So where shall we go on our journey today?

Sunday 17 July 2016

Time to Take a Summer Break


The end of July hovers on the horizon and those who have being reading my little corner of Blogland will know what's coming... my least favourite month of the year is about to start.  It is the time I call my S.A.D time (summer absolute dislike). My creativity and inspiration completely abandons me for the month of August due to...

 flies buzzing around, 
heat (which is NOT good at my age and time of life!!), 
flies buzzing around, 
humidity, 
flies buzzing around, 
teenagers saying they are bored and... you guessed it...
flies buzzing around!!!


Yes, I know that Britain has only had a taster of summer so far, but those pesky flies still survive!!



Yes Mr Frog, you need to be busy rather than basking by the pond!


And leave these ones alone!


Reading past posts at this time of year, I seem to be following a pattern (nearly to the day!) so it seems the perfect time to have a little blog break and occupy myself with a huge change in my life that begins in August.  I am changing my work role so I am going to focus on re-programming my mind and taking on new challenges.  I will be saying goodbye to the old and welcoming the new.  New working relationships, new friendships, new challenges for my two teens and new hours that will free up time to let me be me, catch up on reading, re-focus on my writing and revamp Sweetbriar Dreams and its content.  


Of course, Big Bertha (the camera) will be with me to capture moments along the way and, once I have put all my 'ducks in a row', I will be back in September (the BEST of months!) for a summer catch up... without the flies!


I will be finding my dappled shade that greets me under the gazebo and enjoying the shadows it forms.


And the fragrance from my Grandma's lavender in my corner hidey hole.


Little snippets will appear on the Sweetbriar Dreams Facebook page and my favourite... Instagram, I won't be completely out of touch, so follow along and I can follow you too! (Just pop over to my side bar under "I'm over here too").


But for now my dear and faithful readers, have a wonderful Summer and I will see you in the most inspiring and uplifting season I know - Autumn! (which I class as the first sunrise of  September!!).


Have a happy and fly free Summer

29 comments:

  1. What lovely photos and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest and regroup. August is not my favorite either! I look forward to seeing you back here in September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your break and come back refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHHHH I love the S.A.D. saying...may I please borrow it and credit it back to you? (smiles and giggles)---rest up friend...see you in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are features of summer that I don't like. The over the top heat, the beetles eating my roses, and the way the position of the sun sometimes makes the house dark are all grumpy-making.
    I wish you many ice cream cones and some essential oils to deter those pesky flies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand, Chel. I absolutely despise summer, mainly because of the heat. I hate to be hot and sweaty. It just makes me feel irritable and uncomfortable. I hope you find things to enjoy in the coming weeks, take care and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chel, I discovered your blog recently and really enjoy reading your posts. I have connections with Greenwich and Peterborough so have found plenty to interest me. Have a good summer break and I look forward to your posts from September onwards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos, Chel. Enjoy your blog break. We're in England just now - enjoying the loveliness of the Cotswolds. I'm just glad it's not cold and rainy while we're here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos as always. Have a good Summer break, the flies are here on mass too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm wishing you a lovely summer my friend. I'll look forward to the photos you take when you are not swatting flies! lol I went to the park today and it was 96 degrees...I know that's crazy! I wanted to get out of the house but I didn't last long. It was too hot for the flies even! haha! Sending you lots of sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Chel, I am wishing you lots of luck and happiness with your new job!! :) I hope you meet new people and form new friendships. How exciting for you; it's like a new chapter in your life. Thanks for the lovely photos you shared and I look forward to your post in September. Fall is one of my favorites too. Take care and all the best.
    Hugs, Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos, Chel! We all need a blog break now and then - enjoy yours. (Shoo flies - go away!!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great summer, Chel. See you when you get back! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You deserve the break, when you catch up on your reading, do share any good reads! Drop me an email if you get the chance too! I had to laugh when you talked about heat at your age, I have so many hot flashes I need a permanent fan on me!!! Even in the air conditioning! Much love to you, Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You deserve the break, when you catch up on your reading, do share any good reads! Drop me an email if you get the chance too! I had to laugh when you talked about heat at your age, I have so many hot flashes I need a permanent fan on me!!! Even in the air conditioning! Much love to you, Tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chel dear, I'll swap my biting mosquitoes for your flies! I dislike all of Summer here in the southeast. The weather, the heat, the humidity, the scary thunderstorms and dangerous lightning, the insects, watching our grass fry, our shrubs curl and dry up and much more. I love Autumn when all seems to quieten down, and the golden hue of trees, cooler nights and mornings are so refreshing.

    Good luck with your new challenges my dear - you will shine I have no doubt.
    Enjoy your break - will look forward to your return - don't be gone too long please.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so cute! I've been thinking of the same thing! :D

    I'll miss you!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely photos. Enjoy your summer break:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely post and gorgeous photos.
    Have a wonderful Summer break with hopefully not too many flies to spoil your peace and tranquillity :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a lovely summer break Chel, and we'll see yu back in September.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hear you on the flies! Annoying! Enjoy your break, I'll follow along on Instagram ( I'm under tinroofstudio) and I'll see you in the Fall!
    Hugs
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Chel, I haven’t been very good at blogging or following blogs lately so once again I’m playing catch up. Maybe I need a break too. I was born and bred in Peterborough and enjoyed your Heritage post, but Castle Howard, what can I say - WOW, your photographs are absolutely beautiful. You have made we want to visit. Good luck with your new ventures, I hope August won’t be too bad for you x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello,
    Enjoy your break. See you in September.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  24. Have a good summer! Enjoy your new job and see you in the autumn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Have a wonderful summer Chel.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's good to have a blog break now and then and this is the perfect time for you. Pour yourself a long cool drink and relax - look forward to hearing from your re-vamped self in September x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Enjoy. Will miss your delightful travels.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Enjoy your blog break, Chel and I look forward to catching up with you again in September xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you enjoy your Summer break ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, I love reading your comments and will answer either by email or on the blog. You can also email me privately in my side bar. Have a great day x

Other Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...